Sunday, April 20, 2008

Big Apron, Little Girl

I went to church and I looked at the steeple
then I came home with five hungry people.
I cooked and I cleaned and I rocked and I sang
I loved and I squeezed, my heart swelled and it rang
out the love, wrung out the love.

I did this drawing in church today. It is another idea for an apron theme piece. I have been meaning to start a new blog that chronicles putting together this show. I haven't done it yet because I haven't thought of a name for the show. I had better do it soon, I'm dying to talk about these ideas and show you what I am working on.

2 comments:

Julie said...

She is lovely! (During church I scraped Silly Putty off of Kate's dress but the results weren't as artistic....)

Unknown said...

I love your poetry. It is such a wonderful collection of thoughts on being a mother to young children. It can be tough, but it is a sweet burden. Mine are older now and the burden is no less sweet.

I can't wait to see all your ideas on the new show!