Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mother


I love this piece. I love the strength in her pose and the boldness the red. I wish I could feel like this, as a mother, all the time. Strong, contained in the comfort of our nest, kids content and occupied, eyes turned toward heaven, beautiful and sexy. The butterfly makes me feel like she is growing and developing and releasing her happiness and exquisite goodness. I want to be her.

The painting was in a miniatures show (it's 8"x6") in Ohio last March. It didn't sell and is still at the gallery. I hope I get it back. I really like it.

1 comment:

Cassandra Barney said...

We are so so lucky to get to do the things that we love the most, be mom's to pretty daughters and paint. I can't think of anything better than that.
I love you. Post what you're working on so I can see it.