Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Be Mine


Happy Valentine's Day!! I love this holiday. I wish I could decorate for Valentine's day year round. (Hmm.. red is my least favorite color, gives me anxiety. Small doses in the shape of hearts, accompanied with pink - that seems to make it better than OK for me.) I did not get to enjoy my decorations long enough this year - got them up late. Delia suggested we leave them for a while. Right on. We could count them as Easter decor, or better yet, Birthday pizzazz (|pəˈzaz| (also pizazz) noun informal: an attractive combination of vitality and glamour). I can if I want to, it's my Birthday... OK, it's Gavin's too, but do you think he'll notice?

Speaking of decorations, these paper balls were my Valentine project. I got the pattern off a friend of a friend's blog. She does some neat stuff and has a few patterns you can download. They were a little time consuming, and I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet. I'm sure I'll figure something out. Perhaps I'll give them away to some deserving friends who will wonder the same thing but will have to figure something out because you can't just throw a handmade gift away, at least not for a couple months to a year.

We have a super romantic Valentine's tradition. We (kids included) go to Village Inn for a delicious breakfast-dinner and pie. It started when I was big pregnant and was craving skillet sensations, catsup free-for-all, french toast, extra hash browns, and chocolate cream pie big time. It's such a randomly delicious idea that we stuck with it. So raise your glass of fresh squeezed orange juice to romance and gluttony. I hope you enjoy this Valentine's day!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Emily, you little artist you!
What an understatement, I really enjoy your work, or hopefully..labor of love. Meanwhile, as you paint away and freeze placentas!!!!(R the two related in any way, I wonder? Hmmm?....) I'm getting closer and closer to THE recipe of your dreams! Hint:(The one you like to do the Rumba to.)

So you are moving to Utah when?
I had to check in and give you a little progress report. Really Emily, you must have an inkling, but your art is classically beautiful, combine that with your heart...you go anywhere, anywhere, (I wasn't stuttering)you desire through your work. So hold on , and get ready for a remarkable ride! Janet

Cassandra Barney said...

What is it about Valentines and paper...it just seems right. I hope your day was lovely. I can't wait to visit and bring you my growing collection of birthday tokens. Love you! Hun

ducklips said...

What fabulous little decorations! You always amaze me w/ your artistic craftiness and your patience w/ the time it takes to create them.

I am raising my glass of OJ w/ you. Hope the breakfast-dinner was yummy.

Unknown said...

Yes, our breakfast-dinner was fabulous, a side of crispy hash-browns and we ended with peanut butter cup and cherry white-chocolate pie!!

Hun, you're right, paper and Valentine's... just another reason for me to love it.

Janet, you crazy-lady, it's good to hear from you. Get me that recipe!!