Monday, June 18, 2012

What I've Missed

Summer break had gotten me behind.  Truth is I'm having too much fun.  Before I get into that, here are a few things I missed:

I was interviewed via webcam (I tried to take on a news anchor persona, it felt like I was playing pretend) for snippets on an interactive website for the LDS Youth Art Competition.  It is a really neat website that gives inspiration and guidance on producing an artwork to submit to the show.  This is where I had intended to urge you to send your youth to the link and give it a go!  Unfortunately, the deadline has passed, the show has been judged, so it's too little too late.  Anyhoo, if you wish to see yours truely and a few other artists give their thoughts on symbolism, meaning, process and other interesting tidbits, go ahead and explore! It's super neat.


Next, the annual 300 Plates fundraiser at Art Access Gallery in SLC has come and gone, but here are the plates I sent off to the show.  They are a continuation on the theme of the Brothers Grimm tale, Old Rinkrank (or the Glass Mountain).  I can't seem to let it go, more on my interpretation of the tale in a future post, as I am starting a body of work for a show this fall which will have a few pieces on the theme, along with other tales.

Last but not least, I made a quick trip up to Utah for the opening of the LDS International Art Competition to receive a purchase award.  I felt so honored and it was a wonderful night.  I had a lot to say on the subject, but I forgot what that was...  If you are in Salt Lake stop by the Church History Museum and check out this great show.  (Make sure you cast of vote my way for the people's choice award while you are there!) 
My painting is in the lobby just to your right as you walk in. This is me and my lovely sisters at the Assembly Hall on Temple square just after the awards.

And this is my cute boy.

2 comments:

Laura Mayer said...

I'm so proud of you....good job Em, glad I can say I knew you when...Love, ms. Mayer.

ducklips said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. I love looking at all of your art, and seeing what you've been up to. Way too much fun. I miss hanging out with you, but now that I am in UT, I will have to go take a look at all the awesome galleries you are in. Let me know next time you're up here. I'd love to get together!