Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sewing her Heart on her Apron Pocket


Finished!  Look at me go.  I have nineteen - wait make that eighteen - paintings in various stages of unfinishedness hanging about my studio.  So hip hip for the first finished painting of the year!  With many more to swiftly follow.  This piece is about wearing one's heart on the apron pocket.  The process of "sewing" the heart on the apron is one of selfless sacrifice, unconditional love, and bare vulnerability.  The thing is, at the end of the day you can't feel sorry for yourself or tally up all you've done for others.  It is your role.  No thanks needed, (though it is nice on occasion) it does not come with the job description.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! YOU are a finisher!
;)

Lisa Lisa said...

Amen, sista' soldier. As always, lovin' your art...always will. Well done, Em.

Karina said...

It's beautiful! I can't wait to see the others.

Morgen said...

This is why I didn't get accepted into the church art competition. My art has no meaning. I love this painting as well as all of your paintings. I hope this year will be my year of meaning something. Thank you for your inspiration.

jennie said...

Oh I love that one. ( All except for the part where you said, no thanks needed. Sometimes a thanks is REALLY needed.) I love the colors, I love the theme.. I love IT.